Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tac Quick: 4 of 5 Zs


Here are two amazing sides from Tac Quick, a local Thai restaurant: fermented pork sausage and papaya salad. I've been there three times and love it. It truly is authentic Thai -- we always eat off the "traditional Thai menu," which you have to ask for -- which is great to try if you haven't. The preparations and ingredients are different than the typical American Thai restaurants, and it reminds me of the Thai food I had in Sydney, which is incredibly close to that of Thailand, I'm told, b/c of the number of Thai immigrants and proximitity to the motherland.

Dishes I'd recommend from Tac Quick: the Thai beef jerky; Tom Kha soup; pad thai with shrimp in an omelet; green curry with chicken, egglplant and egg; and the pork sausage. I'm sure I'd recommend more if I had samples the entire menu.

Bonus: clean atmosphere, incredibly friendly staff and cheap! Lots of bang for you buck.

No comments: