Thursday, October 15, 2009

Off to Maryland!

I'm off to Maryland today! And as of 3:15 p.m., all's a go. That's different than what I saw at 8 this morning when I went to check in for my flight. The Web site said the flight was canceled. The agent on the phone said it's not -- and I did get to check in. Crossing fingers.

I can't wait to introduce Brian to some of my closest friends in college and have him see my amazing alma mater. (Many of my college friends are guy friends; in their words, they can't wait to see him -- and "make sure he's worthy." Brian has nothing to worry about! But that said, I like the big brotherly feeling from my friends' looking out for me.)

I can't wait to walk campus and see what it looks like now that it's double in size. (This will likely cause shock.)

I can't wait for Maryland crab cakes.(And Old Bay!)

I can't wait to just get there!

I've been trying to organize how to see the most people in my short three day trip while not planning every group get together to be one of 15 people. Slight exaggeration, but not by that much; it's been years since I've seen many of the people I lived and breathed college with, and we're all pumped to see each other.

I won't get to see everyone, but I've built in some quality visits, as well as some downtime. Forecasts calls for rain all day, so let's hope it delays. A rainy homecoming is NOT fun.

No comments: