Monday, October 12, 2009

The Song Title "Help, I'm Alive" Kinda Makes Sense!

I'm exhausted. I worked until 6 today but immediately switched over to homework for class. It's 7, and I'm not done with that but need to get home to eat and have a change of scenery. Last night I couldn't do as much homework as I needed because I was judging digital awards for the American Society of Business Publication Editors and totally underestimated how much time it would take; I spent 8 hours yesterday alone, and that was my working efficiently. The day before I was at my parents' place from 8 to 6:30 helping them with a garage sale of our family friend Lorraine's belongings (she passed away late July).

I have so much to do (homework, work for work, working out) and so much I want to do (hang out with Brian, watch Gossip Girl for the past two weeks, , blog, upload photos) and so much I need to do (write overdue thank yous for my birthday presents, get my car title changed to my name, shop for presents for my mom's b-day and friend's baby shower, write friends I've been meaning to for ages) that I don't even know where to start. Good thing I have most of the logistics of my trip to Maryland this weekend sorted out! (I'm not even close to worrying about packing.)

Some people would immediately give up training or working out, but I can't do it. I need exercise to keep me sane. But I also need to get shit done to stay sane, and I really want to see Brian more than I do.

I'm amazed at how much one class -- that really isn't that time-consuming, btw! -- can affect my schedule. Or is it just tempting fate so that everything happens all at once?

No comments: