Thursday, October 22, 2009

Food of Late! (Restaurant Edition)


Sushi at Green Tea, Lincoln Park. Some of the freshest, best-prepared and reasonably priced sushi in town (4.5 out of 5 Zs)


I never knew about Vaccaro's Italian Pastries while I went to the University of Maryland, but apparently they're famous. After a visit, I could see why. Mounds of custard, eclairs, cakes and more beam from the refrigerated cases. Thanks to my friend Mindy, I experienced the rum cake (above) -- layers of yellow cake soaked in rum with vanilla and chocolate custart -- and cream puff.


Black bean frittata (I hate that word) at Great Sage in Maryland. Great Sage is the first stylish, clean vegetarian and vegan place I've been to whose atmosphere was more in line with mainstream people who aren't hippies, although clearly the people there and zen vibe came through. No fruit flies buzzing around. Very clean.





Oh, heavenly Chik-Fil-A chicken 'n' biscuit, how I wish thee were in Chicago (locations nationwide. Except within 35 miles of Chicago, of course).








Amish Chicken with herbs (can't remember details. sorry) at Feast in Wicker Park. I think Feast is a tasty, reliable restaurant. I'm never wowed there, but it's thoughtful, the menu has variety, and people always like it. Great for parents or people with varied tastes.

No comments: