Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Random Meal Week!

I just got back from the grocery store and have the makings for many individual side dishes but not a main meal:
  • Sweet potatoes for mashed sweet potatoes
  • Brussels sprouts for some type of dish (olive oil, a little butter and some brown sugar? no sugar and just salted?)
  • Collards
  • Chicken breast and green pepper to throw in with jambalaya mix from a box
I've recruited Brian to make the collards at some point, and I have to whip together the potatoes and collards on my own. Sometimes I start the week with set menus in mind. This time it's all over the place. Randomness is good sometimes.

I'm really excited for Fiber One's version of Pop Tarts in strawberry, two slices of carrot cake forwhenever and Fudgcicles, which are on sale at Jewel for those who might be interested. (Can you tell I have a sweet tooth this week?)

We'll see where this food leads!

No comments: