Saturday, October 3, 2009

Girls' Night Menu, Revised

I had to revise  my girls' night menu.

When I planned it two weeks ago, I didn't count on it's being cold and sprinkly -- bad for grilling and not fun, which is the point of the whole evening. I have very few dishes at this point in my repetoire that I'd feel comfortable cooking for a small group, so I decided I'll order my favorite pizza -- grilled chicken with fresh vegetables -- and a plain pizza from Zig Zags. People always like it, and it's still unique and fresh, which what I want.

Pulling back on grilling bummed me out because I wanted the main to be my own cooking. But I went ahead -- after all, I'd be able to do the tomato mozarella salad and homemade guacamole, right? When I got to the store, avocados were $2 each AND overripe -- like in the brown way. So I bought that too.

I'm down to having the tomato salad be my own creation! That's so lame! Thankfully, I'm the only one of my friends who would care. They're the type of people who just enjoy getting together and do not expect a huge home-cooked meal. It just woulda been nice.

Next time!

No comments: