Sunday, September 27, 2009

What We Eat at Home

Here's a sample of some of the dinners Brian and I have cooked together. I really love cooking with him, even if he is learning to give up control in the kitchen. :) Brian's schtick is fancy dinners; he prefers to cook gourmet meals and does a great job at it. I'm the middle-of-the-week gal; I like doing simple, quick but tasty and homeade (or mostly homemade) meals. It works well.



Seared black peppercorn crusted tuna with avocado, tomato, mushroom salad tossed with crushed, dry ramen noodles




Heirloom tomatoes with basil, mozarella and a little olive oil



Chicken sauteed with garlic and onions; cous cous with paprika-sprinkled poblano, green and red peppers with onion



Mmmm, chicken sandwich

It's funny, because Brian used to think that because I don't do gourmet that I don't know how to cook. I've showed him. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure John and I NEED to make a trip up to Chicago and taste some of your ymmpies!!!

Rebecca

Sara Z said...

You're welcome to visit anytime!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious. Feel free to cook for me anytime! -- Rachel