Thursday, September 24, 2009

Do They Have Brunch in College?

I made reservations for Sola for this Sunday, and because I'll be with my parents, I bypassed the brunch option; I want them to experience Sola's great dinner menu (try the tuna!). But it got me thinking about when the joy of brunch entered my life a few years back.


I know that's when the brunch crazy had settled in; prior to that I thought of brunch as some stuffy meal served awkwardly between breakfast and lunch in some hotel that charges a ridiculous amount of money for high-style Denny's breakfast buffet ("Do you have Moons Over My Hammy?" I would have inevitably asked if I had attended).

But you now know brunch as the best.thing.ever: a last fling before the weekend ends, late enough that no crawling out of bed takes place and the meal holds you over for most of the day. It's a perfect time to digest the two days prior or wake up slowly. (Eggs benedict, anyone?)

So my question: do they have this in college now? Or is it an old-person's deal? How amazing would college have been with brunch? (College Park, Md., first would have needed to get a decent restaurant back when I went, but I digress).

I'll investigate and let you know.

No comments: