Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


It's three days since my last blog post. I'm better, I'm well-fed and I'm now 29. Happy Birthday to me!

I love my birthday, and I love it even more the older I get. Some people shy away from their birthday and look at it as some doomesday countdown or something else terrible. I look at it as a perfect day to toast my kickass life. I have great friends! I have a great family! I have my health and am blessed with experiences that are the envy of some people out there. Why wouldn't I celebrate being me?

It sounds selfish, and maybe it is. Does my birthday enthusiasm have something to do with my being an only child? Maybe. It has nothing to do with getting gifts or special treatment. Life is too short, and I'm going to raise my glass to every year I'm around for it, gosh darnit.

No comments: