Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Week in Bullet Points

I know I've been incommunicado; it's been a busy week. I could write a lot but will update using bullet points:

  • Five hours in delays and 1 canceled flight later I'm back from Christmas in Memphis, where Santa still found me; I was welcomed with warm, open arms; and the topic of conversation among Brian's family members rotated between babies and football (it is the South). 
  • We ate a lot of cheese. No vegetables or fruit -- just meat 'n' cheese grits, cheese dip, cheesey eggs and more. My healthy diet is now back on track.
  • I finished reading both "Twilight" and "New Moon" and am going straight after work tomorrow to see "New Moon" in the theater. I am totally obsessed but feel better about reading the books because, as my friend Laura reminded me last night, the subject matter is for adults.
  • I have a sinus infection. 
  • I've heard from my Aussie friends this week and have one visiting this weekend, so I'm thrilled. He's a foodie, so we're doing Gino's East pizza on Friday, Blackbird on Saturday and Mixteco Grill on Sunday.
  • I am officially committed to an international/Olympic distance triathlon -- registered this week. 
  • I'm really looking forward to New Year's. Brian's cooking dinner for a small group of friends, and that's it. Love it. 
Here's wishing you a very happy holidays and happy new year. Let's make 2010 a good one, shall we?

No comments: