Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Survival Mode

It's 6:03 a.m., and I should be in the pool.

I'm drained and need to stay well. I have a scratch in my throat (allergies?). Heck, I should also be in bed.

Instead, 2 min. 54 seconds into my workout I left the gym this morning to work on my resume (gotta be prepared for the unexpected), or my ad assignment that's due tonight that I have yet to come up with, or leave early for work to get an issue off to the printer. I'm choosing to blog for therapeutic reasons first.

Yesterday was a hard day at work. Our office rock, my boss, was fired. I don't want to compromise my job and will not go into specifics. But yesterday's kick in the gut will be hard to recover from. Cumulative bruising does that to you.

I wanted to stay in bed this morning, but I went to the gym to relieve stress. Maintaining my workout routine is really important to me when I'm the most stressed. But being at the gym in itself was stressful because my body was tired, and my mind angry, and my lats and knees sore from this weekend's 5k (see next post).

I realized when I got home from the gym this morning I didn't know where to start. So I'm blogging to focus.

It's 6:09, and that was probably the best six minutes of "work" I spent in 24 hours.

Please keep me in your thoughts.

No comments: