Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving: The Meal



As you can see, Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncle's was a success. I cleaned my plate -- twice. Here's what it looked like to start:



Clockwise, from top: dark meat turkey with gravy; kugelis, my mom's Lithuanian potato and bacon specialty, with sour cream; stuffing; broccoli; canned cranberries; sweet potatoes with marshmallows; and frozen cranberry salad, which I would definitely like at one of my last meals and makes its rounds at every family holiday. 


The above table is the adult table.




And this is the kiddie table. It doesn't matter that Brian's older than my cousin Debbie, who's at the adult table -- again -- but that's OK. Donna (pictured) is awesome, and we've determined the cool people sit at the kiddie table anyway. (And the wine's better.)

The biggest news though from Thanksgiving is that my mom showed up with a walker. Every time I see her, her back is worse, and her pain seems to be increasing. She technically could have used the walker a long time ago but was waiting until she couldn't not use it. Unfortunately that time has come.

I'll probably write about it later; it's a complex issue I don't feel like diving into. I just hate that she's so young and lives life in so much pain.

I'm thankful for Brian, my family and my friends; the luxury of food and everything else I take for granted; and my health. I so dearly appreciate my health.


No comments: