Monday, November 30, 2009

Spin Class Ass Kicking No. 2

Apparently, I'm not in the shape I was, nor was I taking as difficult a spin class as I thought at the Y. I went to spin this morning -- this class didn't have the hard-core instructor! -- and was once again barely able to keep up. Again.

But I'm good at hills! And I place in the top 10 percent for the bike on every race. Wtf?

I can only blame my bike and getting used to the gear settings so much; this is just a different breed of spinners at my new gym.


Good thing it's better to train with the best!

****

Speaking of spin, I'm not that thrilled with the morning instructor. She just jumped into class without stating a plan, e.g. "Today we're going to work on our endurance" or what have you, and she did a lot of jumps, where you stand out of your seat and sit down on counts of 4 to 8, usually -- or in her case, one-second counts. Jumps are dumb. They don't mimic outdoor cycling and hurt your knees.

I guess I should be thankful I have the 5:45 a.m. spin class and that it gets my heart rate up. Woot.

No comments: