Sunday, November 22, 2009

So, this whole gait change stuff...

I finally started the homework that Coach Leach gave me in my first steps to a new foot strike. I had to do them at work during my lunch break, part at my desk, part in a hidden corner of the parking lot.

I probably look like a moron in either exercise: in one, I'm standing straight, putting all my weight on one foot, and reaching back to touch the ground with my toe with my other foot. The other exercise -- the one I made sure to remain hidden -- involves walking backward.

10 sets of 10 repetition up to10 times a day, for both. That's a shit-load of exercises, and I'm coming nowhere near what I should be doing. How in the world will this every improve? They're not particuarly comfortable, either; both require a lot of core strength, which I have, but they work different muscles than I'm used to. My lower back kills. So these aren't a piece of cake, either.

I had to reschedule the appointment, so at least that buys me a little time for improvement before my first check-in with him.

No comments: