Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year to Me, You

We rang in the new year last night, and 2011 feels great.

2008 was pretty stressful. Then came 2009, which sucked too. The beginning of 2010 -- I'm recalling being part of a sinking ship (a.k.a. my job), then getting sick for three months -- was pretty shitty, and although I welcomed the layoff, it wasn't exactly fun job searching and being unemployed.

But then I decided to blow a few thousand on a trip to Italy, which was not only a great solo experience but ended up prompting Brian to propose. We got engaged, I got a new job I love, and now, as we start 2011, we're both healthy and planning a wedding.

I'm financially secure. I'm healthy. My parents are OK. His parents are OK. Brian's job is OK.

Life feels really, really, really good right now. Knock on wood.

Here's hoping 2011 is really, really good to you too.

No comments: