Friday, November 26, 2010

What We're Like As A Wedding Couple

As you read the upcoming posts -- which will inevitably entail details of my wedding since it began a 20-hour-a-week job -- just know the following:
  • Neither of us are "wedding people." I get excited hearing about my friends' plans, but I don't watch the plethora of shows and I didn't grow up with a diary devoted to my wedding day. Hell, I go in to each vendor meeting with such a variety ideas of what I'd be happy with that they probably wish I was one of those women who had all the details decided before they got engaged.
  • I hate event planning -- a reason why I have complete respect for event planners. Thankfully, I have project management skills at work, so I efficiently stay on schedule, stay calm and don't overburden Brian with details; I go to him on what we need. I'm also great at assigning tasks so I stay sane. Still, I promptly hired a day-of coordinator so I don't have to be point-person when shit hits the fan. 
  • Food and photography are our priorities. 
  • We're planning a friggin' awesome party.
  • Our honeymoon will kick ass. 
Stay tuned ...

2 comments:

C.E. said...

The food is a top priority for you two? I'm shocked! Seriously, tasting cakes, etc., has got to be a lot more fun than choosing table linens and making seating charts.

Sara Z said...

lol, how'd you guess?